Re: 4.7L Spark Plug Info

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 23:57:08 EDT

This past weekend I changed the oil/filter in my girlfriends 2000 4.7L
Durango 4x4 and glanced at the spark plug/coil setup. Holy crud! Can anyone
do a step by step list on how they changed their plugs in their 4.7L Dakota?
I think I would eventually figure it out, but think having some knowledge
beforehand would be wise.

I also I found another source which talked about using platinum spark plugs
on coil-over-plug designed engines(distributor-less engines) are a big
no-no. They talked about how the platinum tips on the plugs conduct too much
voltage(or something like that) and actually draws power away from the coil,
thus actually hurting performance. I know the Autolite Coppers, Autolite
Platinums, Bosch Double Platinum, and Bosch+4s are widely used in the 4.7L
applications, but I just want to make sure I dont have to change out the
plugs once I spend all darn day putting new ones in! I really dont care what
I have to spend on them plugs, as long as they will help. Private emails are
welcome!
GrnDak4x4@Home.Com
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6