Check Engine Light

From: Chris DeCrease (chrisnlisa00@charter.net)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 22:25:31 EDT

Well, guess what happened to me. The neat, red little check engine light. I
think I saw something before about steps you can take that the computer will
give you a code as to what the problem is. When this happened, at 51,725, I
popped the hood and my cold air filter was off it's housing. The glue had
come off and the filter came off the housing. I believe the 2 are related,
but I'm not sure how to check the computer to tell me what code it is
pulling. Help please. TIA.

Chris DeCrease
97 V6 Sport 4x4(w/ a check engine light)
2000 Pontiac TA
2001 Suzuki GSX-R (on the way)
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/chrisnlisa00