Spank 'dat Red Beemer (longish)

From: Stephen Cecil (scecil@npc.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 10:07:18 EDT

Last night coming home from work, I stopped at the last light before my street.
The setup is two lanes that merge into one in about 200 ft, signs for 200 yds
before intersection telling drivers of said merge. Most of the people just
merge left before the light, but sometimes a mark will pull up past the 25 or so
cars waiting, to get a jump.

Well, last night the mark was a newish red 3 Series Coupe, with a white haired
gentleman behind the wheel. He pulled up about 2 feet behind the line, to
holeshot me on the light, I guess.

I shift into low and wait for the green. Light turns green and I roll out
smooth so I don't grab any rubber, and to give him a break if he wasn't looking
to pass. Next thing I hear is the scream of his motor. I floored it and was
nose-to-nose right up to where the merge begins. I look over and he's giving me
the finger! I just start laughing and waving as he slams on his brakes and
pulls behind me. At the next light, I kept looking back and laughing and
pointing. He got on his cell phone, probably to call the dealer as ask ,"Why
the f**k did I just get beat by a 4,000 lb truck? Why didn't I get the
M-Series?"

I had a cheshire cat grin on my face when I got home. My wife actually asked if
I just spanked someone, as we both like to engage marks at that intersection
(she has an Intrigue, 3.5L OHC 215 horses, - pretty fast for a domestic 4-door).

BTW, speeds never went over 45mph (road is 35mph).

Gosh, I just love my DAK!!!

Steve
00 CC Sport+ 4.7L Auto 3.55 LSD