RE: MSD6A ignition questions

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 09:57:05 EDT

Dan,
Are you sure you have the 6A? The 6A sitting under my hood does not have rev
limiter modules. Besides, your stock computer already has a rev limiter
built into it at 5200 RPM. So, unless you installed a lower limiter, you
would never see any benefit. The Mopar computer raises the limiter and how
high depends on your truck. Almost everyone on here with a 2 wheel drive has
reported that their limiter moved to 6200 with the Mopar computer, but mine
only went to 5500. That's fine by me though since my engine runs out of poop
at about 5100.

You don't say what year your truck is, so I can't give specifics on the
installation. On 97+, there are two favorite locations to mount the control
box. Some like the free space behind the battery, others, like me, have
mounted it next to the PCM on the passenger side. As far as the coil, most
mount it either to the firewall close to the distributor, or on the
passenger side front fender.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
catback, MSA 6A and Blaster SS coil, Superior Transmissions shift kit, Black
Magic fan.