Re: Re: Computers and Trucks

From: wes weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 14:44:45 EDT

In my experience A+ doesnt mean/do much.... Actually sadly enough, it seems
that really no certifications really hold all that much value... (unless of
course you have experience)... thats not to say that you need a cert if you
HAVE experience. I am a network operations engineer... and I have schooling
on it, but no formal certs. But I did have 2 years of experience setting up
routing for an local isp here. I say.. invest some money in good
schooling... cisco certs arent cheap, and the training really isnt all that
cheap either, but I think you could get the training, and avoid the cert and
still be better off.

    A A++ of course couldnt do you any wrong... just may be unnecessary.

wes