RE: Re: RE: CE Light update: Code 25

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 15:17:59 EDT

The IAC is different than the IAT. The IAC goes on the back of the TB. The
IAT's stock location is the intake manifold. I believe the IAC can only be
bought at the dealer and is about $100. The IAT is just a temperature
sensor where the IAC is actually a little motor that is activated by the PCM
to control the idle speed. There's a little pintle in the IAC that adjusts
the amount of air or lack thereof in a part of the TB that controls the idle
speed.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD