DML:denotation?,not sure,need help

From: AlexReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 10:44:17 EDT

Ok Gang, my 318 powered 99' Dak has developed a new noise. At
acceleration, about half to wot I hear this, what sounds like
denotation. Like the engine is straining and haveing trouble. It happens
warm, cold, uphill, and even downhill. Could this be a tank of bad fuel?
Its like a higher pitched, clanging type of sound, sounds almost like it
is coming from the bottom of the motor, though I cant really tell. Also,
if I take it into the dealer, if they have to take it apart and have to
put in fresh oil, will they put in a synthetic if thats what I was
running? I just had it changed about 2k ago, hate to waste it. Thanks.

AR