Re: 4.7l engine questions in new truck

From: Thumper (thumper72@lvcm.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 16:04:14 EDT

> 1) When I test drove a cc, w/ 4.7l I was supprised... the engine was
> remarkably quick. Has everyone who has had the 4.7 been satisfied with it?
> have a v6 now, and it just doesnt cut it.
> Anyone had problems wiht the 4.7 in all there experience?

Havent had any problems yet. Runs great!
Although Im not real satisfied with the 45RFE auto tranny - it normally
shifts too slushy. In retrospect I should have opted for the 5spd manual

> 2) It seems like there is a lack of performance parts for the 4.7l... is
> this going to change?

Like anything that is new on the market you have to wait for accssories to
become available. But yes, I am sure as time goes on we will be able to get
more parts. I bought my truck in September and there is alot more out there
now than there was then.

> 3) exaust exaust exaust..... if I DO purchase this truck... I want it to
be
> as loud as I can possibly get it.... resonance isnt bad at all to me...
just
> so long as I dont lose TOO much low-end.

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my exhaust without losing too
much bottom end also. From what I understand most of our 4.7 power is lost
in the 3 catalytic converters...therefore, a cat-back system wont do much
for us except make it louder. Ed Halterman's 4.7 Quad cab sounds good with
the Gibson cat-back on it.

Bill Boggs
ICQ# 96440831
thumper72@lvcm.com