Re: Catalatic Converter Rattlin!

From: LaMont J. Gilles (lgilles@nospam.satx.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 16:40:57 EDT

Be careful if they just want to remove the shield. The shield is on the
catalytic to keep it from starting fires (if you park in tall grass for
instance). If they suggest removing the shield as a solution I would
suggest that they give you a new catalytic. If they refuse then contact
Dodge directly to find out if this is an acceptable fix.

--

LaMont J. Gilles

""Hoegen"" <hoegen@kersur.net> wrote in message news:9bcluo$to6$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > My CAT has been making a rattling sound whenever I hit the gas. As it only > has 31K on it, I'm bringin it to the dealer for warranty replacement. > > I was told that it is probably the shield and the dealer will probably > simply remove the shield.....should I...or rather..can I make them put a new > CAT in instead of simply removing the old shield?? > > Thanks all, > > Kevin > >