Re: 4.7l engine questions in new truck

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 21:15:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/01 12:59:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wweems@fix.net
writes:

<< Has everyone who has had the 4.7 been satisfied with it? >>

I've been extremely happy with the way the 4.7 runs. No problems at all. It
was quick straight from the factory, but with a few mods. you can wake it up
a bit.

It seems like there is a lack of performance parts for the 4.7l... is
this going to change?

I have a 2000 CC 4x4 Sport, 5 speed, 3.92 gears and have added a modified
throttle body, Flowmaster muffler w/ 3" pipe out the stock location, and a
Roadmaster Active Suspension upgrade to take care of wheel hop and axle wrap.
The 4.7 was treated to a Kenne Bell Supercharger a few months ago. This
included a cold air intake w/ K&N filter, cooler running spark plugs, cooler
thermostat, reprogramed computer, two auxiliary fuel injectors, ect. And with
about 2,000 mi. on it I'm happy to say no problems at all so far. I have
Borla Headers also, but noticed no gains in HP or sound difference with
these. Now my HP is around 330 at the crank and torque is around 400 ft lb.
Because I'm 4x4, I loose a little more in the transfer case and drive line
than the 2wd, so my RWHP isn't quite as much as theirs. I also have a little
extra weight with the front axle and transfer case, but I'm not complaining.
I wouldn't have it any other way. The way I see it, I have the best of both
worlds. This thing really screams now and when I want to go off roading or
drive in 1 foot of snow that's no problem either.

Not performance related but I've also put in a spray in bed liner, side step
rails, racing stripes front to back, completely redone the sound system,
class III trailer hitch, speed grill inserts, and husky floor mats. Next on
my list is the Hurst shifter, shocks, SpeedGlo gauges, rims and tires, ect.
the list goes on and on. I don't see a lack of mods. for this truck at all.

Paul
00 CC 4x4 Sport, 5 speed, 3.92
Kenne Bell Supercharged 4.7, Magnum Performance TB, Borla Headers, Flowmaster
Cat-Back, ect.