RE:Re:Accessory power to tailgate.

From: TX QC2000 (txqc2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 11:26:39 EDT

I'm just now catching up reading the DML digests from
the last few days so forgive me if I'm repeating
anything already said.

My truck has the Mopar bedlight/12v accessories outlet
combo. It is weatherproof and works very well. It
was installed by my dealer, so I don't know exactly
where the power is tapped from, although I do see
wires going from the front of my bed (nearest to the
cab) to underneath the cab. I also had by dealer
install an extra relay that's tied into the interior
light so that my bedlight comes on when I hit the
remote or open the door. Otherwise, it only comes on
if you turn on the cab light.

You should be able to find the part in a recent Dakota
accessories brochure. Feel free to email me if you
have more questions. Also, you can see pictures of
the bedlight/12v accessories outlet by clicking the
links at the bottom of this message.