Sequential Manual Shifter. . .

From: geoff@centrifugepartners.com
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 14:25:01 EDT

I am doing the 408 Stroker project, so obviously, the stock tranny isnt
going to take the newfound power. I was going to go with a performance built
727 and Gear Vendors (http://www.gearvendors.com) under/over drive unit for
6 extra gears.

Within the past few weeks, I have gotten all pumped on a Sequentual Shifter,
you know, like in all the new european cars (Porsche, BMW, Audi, VW), and
the same type shifters that are in Indy cars.

A SMT (Sequential Manual Shifter) is what I am after in the end, but if
anyone knows how I can make a 727 or something like it shift with single
taps, that would be great. Also, are there any electronicly controlled
trannies that I could mate with a 360/408 easily, that way, I could make my
own shifter with just a stick and 2 buttons for UP and DOWN shifting.

Thanks,
-geoff