Re: TRANS questions -- shift kit ?

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 22:57:38 EDT

Shift kit? you sure you want to have your neck snapped back?

a transgo shift kit should run you abou 130 bucks to 150 bucks. Labor would
be about 150 dollars. What I'd do is call around your local tranny shops
and see how much a package would cost. I was very angry when my shop said
"sorry, we can't install ur transgo shift kit because it's out of date",
(just because I didn't buy it from them) so they didn't install it and
wasted a day for the dakota. "but... we have our special shift kit and it
runs 150 bucks"

Call around and ask. also ask if they've done shift kits before and how did
they turn out. Doesn't hurt to ask for references.
-Chuong

PS. you are correct. the fluid will be changed while installing the shift
kit.