Re: IAT ????

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 23:33:54 EDT

> What is this and where do i get one?=)

Randall,
All Daks have them. The IAT is the Intake Air Temp Sensor located on the
passenger side on the front of the intake manifold. It is a large brass
looking thing with two(maybe more?) wires coming off it. However, by having
the sensor mounted on this large aluminum housing, it gets pretty warm, hot
infact. In the stock location the IAT really does do a decent job of telling
the puter the temp of the air coming into the engine. This is why some
people unscrew the IAT and relocate it to a cooler area within the engine
bay. Bernd sells 'IAT Adjuster Boxes', and this allows you to manipulate or
fool the computer into thinking colder air is actually coming into the
engine, thus allowing the computer to 'create' or sense a denser amount of
air equaling more power. Geeesh, I hope I explained that ok.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6