Re: Strange.... but true?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 11:37:54 EDT

At 06:46 AM 4/20/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Just notice today my 1998 Dakota, which is 2 weeks old to me, has some
>problems:
>
>1. when the doors are open the light in the dash doesn't light up
>2. the seat belt light doesn't light up without the belt on

Pretty common. The guy who last owned it probably didn't wear his seat
belt, so he disconnected the sensor.

>they all light when first starting, so I know the bulbs are good, and the
>door pin switch's work because, the dome light's come on!!
>
>wondering if I got air bags or not? anyway to check?
>Punch,
>Alive and well.....

The first thing to check would be the fuse panel to make sure that there
aren't any blown or removed fuses. I drove my truck (brand new) for two
weeks with no passenger airbag because the fuse was popped out. When I
looked in the fuse box (just out of curiosity) I noticed it.

-Bill