Front end noise, HELP! little long....

From: BIGSecsE@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 05:43:24 EDT

 I have a 97, 4x4, auto, CC, 318 with the towing and handeling pkg. I can
hear and feel this in the front end torwards the passenger side, it's almost
like a tire rubbing feeling/noise but with metal instead. I put the Dak on a
lift and a mechanic buddy says the outer CV housing might be the culprit
because it had a slight wobble when pushed on. I'm not sure if it is called
the 'outer CV housing' but it's located on the passenger side of the axle
just at the end before the rods and CV joint.
 If this is it then would this be covered by the front axle vent hose recall?
If this outer CV housing has lost enough fluid from it spewing out the hose,
could this be the cause of my problems?
 I'm about to take my Dak in to get this recall done and need to know WTF I'm
talking about if this is the cause.
 Sorry for the long post but I really need help on this issue. Thanks for any
and all advice.

Jake