Re: 98 318 is sluggish **Help**

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 08:34:24 EDT

Hi Mike,

    What gears do you have? If you don't already have them, 3.92's or 4.10's
would help wake up your 318. Also, get rid of the round air cleaner and get
a K&N Gen II, or another kit that will get some colder air into the engine.
Hot air from under the hood really made my truck sluggish, was great when
the engine was cold, though. :-)

Doug Myers

'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.2L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II
B&F Billet TB
MP cam, headers, catback, plug wires
180 T-stat
Custom Computer by Ron Zimmer
Accel Supercoil
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (waiting to be installed)
Hurst Competition Plus Shifter (waiting)