Re: suspension installed!!!! Hotchkis

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 15:51:18 EDT

I'm running the Doetsch Tech shocks on my truck and I like them. The only
problem I have experienced with mine is that the front tires scrub the
fender flares and inner fenders under hard compression. I installed the
proper bumpstops when I put the coils in, and I do not understand why the
bumpstops do not hit and stop compression before the scrubbing!I guess I'll
have to shim up the bumpstops with washers until I get it right. I've got a
long way to come up, though, it looks like! I have to be careful where I go
and how fast I hit certain places in the road. There's no way I'd try
railroad tracks at 30mph! I've yet to have the rear bottom out since I
shaved 1/2" off the bumpstops back there and put on the airbags. I rides
really nice with 10-15 lbs of air in the bags.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "greasy" <gg428@hotmail.com>

well it looks like I got the customs situation set, and the suspension is
installed... I gotta say that I love the way the truck looks and I will have
pics as soon as I get it clean...
Had to install the stuff in the driveway, and it started raining once I got
the rear end started!!! well I finished it.. and it is killer!!
my only question is to those running the bilstein (sp?) shocks from
hotchkis, how does it ride? Mine has Belltech nitro drop shocks and they
seem to be harsh on the compression (understandible for a low travel shock)
and weak on rebound. the whole truck bounces , and the tires break lose over
rail road tracks at 30 mph and at freeway speeds the smallest bump causes a
long lasting bouncing in the truck... it feels like I am driving a bottomed
out honda!!! I am not hitting any of the bump stops. do the hotchkis tuned
shocks ride any better, or is this just a fact of life with a lowered truck?
greasy