Re: Anyone know where I can get extrude honing?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 16:52:15 EDT

At 01:41 PM 4/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Anyone know where I can get extrude honing? I am looking to have my intake
>done soon. Mark Kuzia

Extrude Honing is a patented process and it seems that you would
have to send them your intake for it to be done.

Extrude Hone
1 Industry Blvd., P.O. Box 1000, Irwin, PA. 15642
Tel: 724-863-5900
Toll Free: 1-800-367-1109
Fax: 724-863-8759
E-Mail: exhone@extrudehone.com

Their web site is the last part of their email addy. Not very much useful
info.
there. Apparently, it is very hard to get a response from them.

You might want to try the following if it's local for you. While it's a Cobra
shop, they may have something going with Extrude Hone.
           Total Performance
           Ask for Vito
           Michigan
           Phone: 1-810-HOT-FORD

The only thing that I've read about extrude honing is that it will give you
very impressive bench flowing numbers but very slight gains in the real
world. It would seem that, if the engine is heavily modded internally and
a person is looking for that last little bit of performance gain, then this
would fit the bill.

It's quite expensive ($900 for a Jag intake manifold) ... probably around $600
for less exotic pieces.

HTH, Bob.