Re: Resonance of exhaust in cab, help!!!!

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 19:11:22 EDT

I've got the latest flowmaster SUV muffler (3" in, dual 2 1/2" out) currently
installed in my '93 4x4- it's supposedly quieter than previous flowmasters.
As far as I can tell, it's not a whole lot quieter. My last exhaust had a
3-chamber flowmaster (same inlet/ outlet size) that was meant for a full-size
non-Dodge (I just can't bring myself to use the C-word here). Basically,
Flowmasters are just louder, period. I've heard that putting one of those
heavy duty rubber bed mats in helps out quite a bit. An acquaintence of mine
who had an R/T with the same flowmaster I first used swears it worked great.
Also, how about putting some Dyna-Mat on the back wall of the cab?
Here's sayin' What?? Huh?? Whassat??" to ya! -Joe