Re: 98 318 is sluggish **Help**

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 21:30:08 EDT

Good luck,buddy! My sixer suffers from the same
ailment.It had been running good,but it`s back to
normal now.Like yours,it shifts very late when it is
running sluggish.Just be glad you have the extra two
cylinders! Steve P.
--- Nospiratus@aol.com wrote:
> I have a 98 318 3.55, AUTO, CC Dak 4x4 with some
> modifications like a dual
> after cat flowmaster exhaust, 180 stat, K&N round
> air cleaner, and i raced my
> buddy today in a bone stock 00' Chevy Silverado Ext
> Cab 4x4 with the 327 and
> he beat me by like 4 cars damn near right off the
> line. I constantly tell the
> dealer that the damn thing is super sluggish but as
> it always is, they don't
> find anything. I have 45,000 miles and havent
> replaced the plug wires, cap,
> rotor yet. Would that be a quick pick me up for the
> dak? I don't know why but
> the damn thing is really sluggish. It takes forever
> to shift !!!! Any hidden
> performance recalls or TSB's i should know of? The
> dealer replaced 3rd gear
> awhile ago but for the life of me I can't see why my
> truck is such a pooch
> !!!! Any help is appreciated !!!
>

> Mike

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.