RE: Re: Re: MSD distributor cap Attn: Kyle

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 22:39:51 EDT

That can't be the correct answer. Dielectric grease is non-conductive. If
the grease conducted electricity, it would allow the tracking to ground of
the power or signal being conducted.

The primary purposes of the grease are to keep out moisture, and prevent
corrosion. Prevention of corrosion keeps the metal-to-metal contact point in
a connector conducting electricity. In the case of brass contacts there
probably isn't a problem anyway.

Now, unless you have some other reason why I shouldn't have it on the inside
of my cap, I'm leaving it there.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD