RE: Stock air box removal (for new K&N)

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 23:47:34 EDT

Agree with everyone about just yanking it up and off AND with the part
about being careful not to brain yourself in the process. I'd just
add a warning about what happened to me -- you might be tempted to
rock it back and forth as you try to yank it, but don't. I ended up
loosening that stud from its base so that *it* ended up spinning
freely. Bad news, as the K&N assembly uses that stud to mount the L-
bracket that holds the bottom of the sheet-metal "air dam" in place.
I had to peen the base of it, where it mounts to the fender well,
because I couldn't get that L-bracket bolt to tighten worth a cr_p.

--
Grady Ogburn (Denver, AIM: JGradyO)
Black '98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l, 5 Speed, 3.55 LSD