Re: Rough idle at start-up

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 21:22:25 EDT

I had the same problem with my 4.7L. I cleaned the TB, added my Valvoline
SynPower Fuel system/injector cleaner and replaced my plugs, although I had
done it all not 500 miles earlier. It helped it out, but did not clear it up
completely. It got real bad on mine, to the point that I had the neighbor
ask me what the duration was on my new cam when I cranked it up the other
day! Ha! Made me think about leaving it alone! Also, when it was real bad,
I pulled out in the road, running 1000 rpms in 1st gear. I gave it gas to
get out in the road and it stumbled and quit. I rolled off to the side and
cranked it back up. Rough idle was still there, but it didn't stumble as bad
on tip-in. Who knows?? It's better now, but I hope I don't have to replace
the plugs and clean the TB every 500 miles! I go on trips much longer than
that! Not to mention that injector cleaner is not cheap! Hope you solve your
problem!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "A. S." <adakota4x4@hotmail.com>

I've been having a little "problem" for about a week. The truck seems to
start up as normal...no extra cranking or anything. But, once it's started,
it runs really rough. Actually, sounds kinda cool but it shouldn't be doing
that. About 30 seconds to 1 minute later it smooths out. Any ideas on what
might be causing this?
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95