Re: yanked an 18-wheeler

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 00:29:52 EDT

Thanks for the clarification on that! I feel lucky to remember nothing but
good things about the Cummins engines. I think I'd be up for doing a B5.9,
an ISB 5.9, one of the new H.O. ISB's(245 hp,520 ft-lbs)?? Or, we could go
crazy like you did with your project and we could put a Signature 600 in a
Dakota! 600 HP, 2050 Ft-lbs @ 1200 rpm!!! Now that would really be
something!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: ABeerCan@aol.com

  That is an ooolllldddd reference way back when the Cummins deisel was
first
put in 18 wheelers and heavy machinery. It didn't hold up to well back
then.
  That nick-name, Come-apart, was handed down to me by my Father who drove
trucks for 40 years before he retired in Feb of 98. Sounds like a plan to
me
about building a Cummins Dakota, but I want the real thing, da big one! lol
If ya gonna do it, why not do it BIG!?!?!? ;o)

The other Will