Re: ALIGNMENT PROBLEM 1991 DAK 2WD

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 23:36:23 EDT

take it back and @#$@#$@#$. They screwed it up, they pay for it. There's
no excuse for not tightening down those pivot shafts. You loosen, slide
your arms in and out and retighten.

Don't know what to say. That just sucks.
-Chuong

Due to a Dodge dealer's mechanic not tightening the upper pivot shaft
bolts during alignment, my upper pivot shaft slipped on the frame and
wore away ridges stamped on the frame. Now, the upper pivot shaft
cannot be secured in position. The upper pivot shaft slides out of
alignment in short order, even after bolts have been torqued to 155
ft-lbs. My dealer has advised me he cannot align my 1991 Dakota 2WD.