Re: Re: Cast your votes: Gibson vs. Flowmaster

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 23:21:19 EDT

Hey Krawdaddy, what kind of Borla muffler did you hear dumped, and on what
kind of truck? If it sounds better than a Flowmaster, I might try one! You
say you liked it better? Was it a more "raw" sound? With a little more of
the "tinny" sound to it? I'm looking at the Borla's now and I see their
turbo mufflers. They've got 2.5 in and 3 in mufflers. Is this the ones you
heard?? Please tell me more!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Krawdaddy" <black98dak@home.com>

I have a 40 series dual outlet flowmaster welded in behind the cat. I had
the pipe customed bent and ran straight out the back corners (pics on my
site). I like the sound of flowmaster and wasn't really concerned with a
power gain. I also have the 40 series delta flows on the new Mustang.

If I were to change, I would go with Borla's dumped.. I heard some last
weekend that would make cry they sounded so good =)

I know nothing about Gibson, so my vote is for Flowmaster.