Re: Re: Cast your votes: Gibson vs. Flowmaster

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 08:22:29 EDT

I'm also looking at Gibson -vs- Flowmaster. I called the tech line of both
and asked for real world usable numbers for HP/TQ gains and here is
what I got (if one believes these techs (aka salesmen) aren't inflating
their numbers to make a sale)

Both are 3inch cat-back systems for the 4.7L, single side exhaust:

Gibson = 12HP and 25FT/LB of Torque gain

Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow = 23HP and 30FT/LB of Torque
(rounding out Flowmasters claim of 8-11% gains)

I'd like to see "Blowmaster's" supporting proof that Flowmaster is the
least flowing performance muffler out there, as it may help in me choice.

BTW, Magnaflow is coming out with a straight through muffler, no baffles,
for the 4.7 QC, but didn't know or wouldn't quote gain numbers.