Re: 3.9 VS 3.7.....and what not!!..The Decals Stay On!!!

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 11:01:24 EDT

Anybody doesnt like that i have the decals on my Dak...You will have to come
to Wisconsin,and peel them off.

I LIKE THEM...

Ok,so IF there was a 3.9 R/T,mine would be it.

Casey is just jealous.My Dak is in PepBoys Car Show...his aint

Bahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah!!!

LET THE FLAMES FLY!!...OHHH YEAAAA!!!!!!!

>From: "Casey Aldridge" <caldridge@qwest.net>
>To: "DML" <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: 3.9 VS 3.7.....and what not!!
>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:33:20 -0700
>
>ok ok ok....i've had enough!......im tired of watching this battle and not
>saying anything.
>Being a 3.9 owner I have to through in my $.02. OK...here we go. First of
>all the 3.7 will, without
>a doubt whoop a 3.9...the 3.9 makes less power, is heavier, cant rev as
>high, has a slow valve train...etc.etc.
>If you look at just about any auto manufacturer that has an OHV motor and
>OHC motor in approx. size in the same vehicle
>from different years etc...you will notice the OHC motors are quicker and
>make more power and have better gas mileage, less emissions. Secondly...I
>hate doing this to list members..but sometimes you have to put people in
>their place, A K&N filter and a cat back exhaust does not increase a stock
>3.9 from 175hp to 200hp. Dont make a vehicle out to be something its
>not...it just makes people laugh at you! I have a s/c'ed v6, in fact, I
>was
>the second person to ever supercharge the 3.9 besides Dakotaviper
>(Steven?).
>My truck prolly makes about 230-240 hp and its still damn slow.....i dont
>care what you think..but a 16.1@88 is not fast. If I have a blower..i
>better damn well run at least a low 15 sec pass when ive dumped that kind
>of
>money into. I also have a the full Hotchkis suspension on my truck..and it
>will outhandle lots of sports cars..been there done that...yep thats right
>folks...street racing...highway racing..you name it...this truck handles,
>blows R/T's in the weeds when it comes to corners, but I aint about to put
>damn a R/T decal on my truck..thats a discrace to what that
>great designation meant. ALRIGHT...im dont venting! It's been a long
>frustrating week...let the flames fly!
>
>===============================
>Casey Aldridge
>Tempe, AZ
>94 Caprice 9C1 (15.1@90, 131Kmi, bone stock, eats the dak in accel.)
>97 RC Powerdyne S/C Dakota (16.1@88, 58Kmi, tons of mods, corner burner)
>Hotchkis 2-3 Performance Drop
>www.users.qwest.net/~caldridge

David Digney
00'QC,SLT+,3.9 R/T,42RE,3.55,K&N "Home-Brew" Intake
Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30,Mobil 1 Filter
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"