Re: dunlop ties?

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 20:25:38 EDT

I don't know about their cage tires, but they make some of the best
motorcycle tires. I just got two new Dunlops on my GoldWing today. The guy
that mounted the tires on the rims told me that probably 6016030267125f the Dunlops
he mounts require 1.4-oz. or less (often none) weight to balance them (he
uses a static balancer). My front wheel/tire required NO weight to
balance - that's a pretty good testament to their quality control.

For those that aren't familiar with motorcycle tires, they are pretty high
performance pieces of rubber. After all, if you have a flat in a cage, you
might lose a little control. If you have a flat on your bike, you might
lose your life. The two tires I put on my bike cost a total of $240 at the
cheapest source I could find online. The same two tires at a dealer would
run at least $320 (I think a single Concours tire runs around $300). Oh
yeah, and you're lucky if you can get 15,000 miles out of 'em (they usually
last 10k).