MAP & gap ?

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 19:41:39 EDT

I just picked up a set of Autolite 3923 Platinum Pros, which I've never
used before. Usually I use the copper core and just leave them gapped at
.035. Should I go up to .040 with the Platinums, especially with the new
HP PCM?

Next weekend I thought I'd clean the TB and replace the MAP sensor,
except I can't seem to find one. Baxter Auto Parts doesn't list it, Napa
lists it but says they're not being made yet and they sell for $130,
haven't tried the dealer yet. Can I get one through Summit or Jegs or
Whenchead? Anyone know a part number for the 97-99 5.2L MAP sensor?

Any tips on cleaning the TB? I thought I'd dab a little Simple Green on
a clean rag and just wipe carefully, I did notice a little black build
up on the blades when I recently had the hat off to replace the plug
wires.

Thanks for any help.

GO BLAZERS!! Trailing by 9 in the 4th at the moment.

--
Chris
Portland, OR