Aftermarket AC for 97 daK?

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 12:21:01 EDT

Ok,

I bought my truck without ac... I know... a mistake on my part... but I did
buy it frm a 3rd party... so beggars cant be choosers. Anyway... I was going
to have ac put in it... and the guy told me... "... all we do is get the ac
kit from dodge, do the labor, and take it to a refrigeration shop to charge
it.." or somethign like that. I have pretty good mechanics skills, and am
pretty sure I could complete the physicall installation job myself...

My issue now... dodge says they dont have the dealer kit to install ac for
anything after 96, or it skipped 97. Anyway I found the kits on
jcwhitney.com but they are for 96 or older =( Any ideas on where I might
find a kit for a 97?

my truck:

1997 dak sport 4x4
3.9l v6