Re: Spanked my brother's Ram

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 17:01:42 EDT

A spank is a spank! Chalk up another for
the mighty 318 before it disappears into
history. Well done Russ!

GS -

'98 5.2 5spd

   Ok, here's a mild spank story. Yesterday I'm heading home from work,
I get about a mile from my house and who do I see sitting at a red light?
 My brother in his '99 Ram. So, obviously I line up next to him and rev
my engine, he smiles, and we wait for the green. The light changes and
we both floor it. My tires actually squealed from a dead stop (first time
for everything I guess) and I took him off the line, I had him by only a
hood's length the whole time up until about 50mph until we had to let off
because of traffic. Anyways, my 318 beat his 360, we both have Gibson
headers,
I have a 3" single Gibson exhaust, he has the Flowmaster American Thunder
duals (single in dual out), I have a home brew intake while his is still
stock, we both have magnecore plug wires, I run 3923's but I'm not sure
what he is runnin' for plugs. Anyways, he argued about weight and what
not but mine is a 4x4 and his is 2wd so I'm not that far behind so I said,
"Whatever, you got beat.". We both have autos by the way.
   So there it is folks, my one and only spank (sort of) story. Just
thought
I would share my triumph. I don't care if anybody else beats me, but at
least I beat my brother. ;oP

Russ