Re: Thanks: Head Bolt Replys

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 14:49:14 EDT

At 11:25 AM 5/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
>with re-using the factory bolts. They torqued down solid with no indication
>of any stretching. I'll keep you all posted if I blow a head through the

You throws the dice, you takes your chances. To me, it's just not worth
the chance of either busting off a bolt in the block, or busting the head
bolt later on down the road and having to redo the job. To me, you've
added "an if" into your truck. I try to do the job right the first time,
using all the advice and experience that is available. I don't believe in
taking chances when there is little cost involved.