Re: Engine compartment cleaning.Attn: Mike R.

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 08:03:54 EDT

Mike,

I like to keep my engine compartment clean also.
My '97 5.2 also has the K&N FIPK

I take mine to the quarter carwash (which is $2 a shot now) .
I cover the K&N and put a small rag directly on top of the
Distributor. I then wet the entire compartment down with
low pressure spray. Once wet, I spray a generous amount
of Simple Green everywhere. Engine, Radiator, Underhood,
Frame Rails, etc. Do not let it dry. Spray it off with high pressure
(rinse) water and finish with low pressure spray.
You can dry with towels, use an air gun or just let the engine heat
dry it. It works great. At 91,000 miles the under hood looks as good
as the day it was delivered.

If you havn't done it in awhile, you might have to do it a couple of times.

By the way, Eastwood make a very good paint for the exhaust manifolds,
heatshields, exhaust pipes, cat and muffler and tail pipes. Looks good
and no rust.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan