Re: metallic rattle after custom dual exhaust

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 23:20:39 EDT

In a message dated 5/4/01 10:17:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
hoegen@kersur.net writes:

<< My exhaust tone is rather low as some DMLers can attest, so I don't THINK
 its that...although I do have the Flowmaster 50 3-chamber.
 It sounds similar to what one might expect if they had a loose exhaust
 clamp....but when I tap on the pipes I don't get the rattle.
 Seems to only happen when I get just the right type of tone from the exhaust
 to cause the vibration. It does NOT occur at a standstill...regardless of
 how I stomp on it, only when the vehicle is in gear and accelerating?? >>

It might be a heat sheild. Check all the heat sheilds down under the truck.
Maybe one of them is loose. That could explain why when you rattle the pipes
nothing happens. It could also explain why it only rattles at certain exh
tones.

The other Will