Mirrors for 96

From: David Day (davidday@micron.net)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 17:55:24 EDT

Hi, fellas!
I'm a member of the Durango Owner's club with my '99 D, but just bought a
used '96 (old styling) Dakota ClubCab SLT 4x4 and was cruising the internet
looking for some help. I came across Dakota-truck.net, where I found
directions for your newsgroup. I hope you don't mind a newbie butting in...
Here's my problem - this truck is equipped exactly as I would have done had
I bought it new (tranny cooler, 3.90 rear end, trailer package, overhead
console) except for the mirrors. It has wimpy little manual-control mirrors
and I want the big mirrors, which I had on a similar Dakota that I bought
new in '92 and got rid of about 5 years ago. If I remember correctly, the
big mirrors are electric. Assuming I can find a pair at my local junk yard,
what kind of problems would I run into trying to put them on? I mean, would
the wiring be in the door, or would I have to run it from the fuse panel?
Are there any special tools, tricks, or techniques? Is this something a
mechanically incompetent nerd should attempt at home?
While I'm on the subject, the seats are pretty broken down, too, and I know
I can find better ones at the junk yard. How big a chore would that be?
I look forward to chatting with you!

David Day
davidday@micron.net
www.lasermax.com/JudgeDay