Re: IAT Adjusters?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 09:19:17 EDT

On a further note about Bernd's IAT Adjuster:
I put a fresh set of 3923's in my truck Saturday anticpating a day of
racing at Sealy. After installing them I only restarted the engine and
everything seemed fine. When I started the truck up Sunday and drove off
to return some videos and go the hardware store, the engine ran rough and
seemed to lack power. Hardly what one would expect from fresh plugs.

Got home and lifted the hood. After the headers cooled down, I checked to
make sure the boots were properly snug. Check. No problem there. Did I
misroute two of the plug wires? No. Hmmm. I glanced over at the IAT
adjuster and the dial had somehow gotten set to 200 degrees! No wonder it
didn't feel like it had any power.

I readjusted the dial to my favorite 65 degrees and VOILA! everythings
great again.

Richard in San Antonio
On Sun, 6 May 2001 14:39:40 -0500 Richard A Pyburn <rap777@juno.com>
writes:
> Bernd's really works and anywhere in the throttle range. One friend
> of
> mine got one and used it to remove a cold-start stumble problem he
> was
> having. I use it to counter the effect of the hot, hot outside and
> under
> hood air temps. Got that sucker dialed in at a nice 65 degrees and
> the
> truck doesn't lose power on those hot days and nights.
>
> Go for it!!
>
> Richard in San Antonio
>
> On Sun, 6 May 2001 14:20:29 -0500 "Robertson" <jrobert@voyageur.ca>
> writes: