Re: RE: Titanium Plugs?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 19:40:34 EDT

ED,

Here is the part number listed for the champion spark plugs in the 4.7.
RC12MCC4 I would guess that you would need to cross reference these plugs
to find what else you can use. The ones for the magnum engines are
RC12LC4. Neither one of these plugs were in my '96 5.2 from the factory.
The warning that the fsm gives for the plugs in the 4.7 is as
follows......

CAUTION: The 4.7L V-8 engine is equipped with copper core ground
electrode spark plugs. They must be replaced with the same type/number
spark plug as the original. If another spark plug is substituted
pre-ignition will result.

Not really an expert on spark plugs so I don't fully understand what this
means about their design. I understand the pre-ignition but not the
plugs. HTH.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+