to offtopic list... Gas Prices (whats the big deal?)

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 23:09:25 EDT

I agree to an extent, I find it pathetic how much people rely on luxuries
in their day to day life. Perhaps this trend will continue for another 20
years, all the yuppies will starve to death b/c they can't afford food at
the store (yes, gas prices DO reflect grocery prices) and they don't have
clue #1 about "living off the land".

Hellfire, part of me would welcome such a change. Thin out this world
some, I'll embrace the dreariness and move back home, into the hills where
my 6th great grandparents were the 1st honkies to settle the North Shore of
(now) Fontana Lake.

So bring on your $20/gal gas, close Walmart and Kroger, and let's see if
Darwin's Natural Selection idea holds it's case!! :)