Re: Gas Prices..My dealer called me today..

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 16:07:10 EDT

Yes, the BNSF dose have a LARGE Diesel bill. But keep in mind that a train
can pull 100's of "containers" each one just like what's on the back of big
rig (18 wheeler). I don't remember the numbers but a train is more efficient
per ton of cargo per gallon of Diesel burned then a truck. The down side of
the locomotive is when they run out of diesel you just don't grab a 5 gallon
jug and hitch a ride to a gas station. I was sent to New Mexico for a week to
ride trains to learn the territory I dispatch and one cold night the lead
locomotive did run out of go juice. The 3 behind were still running and were
controlled from the lead unit but it got a bit chilly in the cab doing 70 mph
and no heat.

   I sure did miss my Dak that week....... I meant to say my wife and kids ;-)

   Sorry about the last reply with no real reply. I hit the send button by
mistake:(

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Auto, 4*2, 3.55 (Mobil 1 lube), SLT, DML Sticker, Mobil
1 oil, oil cooler, Flow-Pro cat back. Home brew w/ K&N, 180 T-stat, Tinted
windows, Bug

Screen, so on and so on. It's all listed on my DML page and on my web site.

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!