Need to bounce a few things around...

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 18:16:19 EDT

Thanks for the input about the sagging bed - I was able to determine for
sure now that it is the right leaf spring that is sagging. After
getting around and under and all over the truck checking it out I can
tell clearly that its sagging.

New questions here... I just wanted to bounce this off you guys.

Should I try and have the springs reconditioned? They are the original
parts and this truck has seen severe duty. I plan to put it back into
service as a plow truck - like I said. JCW has rear leafs new - for
about $85 each. My thoughts are that if the truck is going to see
severe duty again - its worth if to spend the extra money on brand new
parts - instead of having the old ones reconditioned. Opinions anyone?

Also - I have been trying to figure out exactly what is involved in
going from the 3.9 to the 5.2 engine for my 89 4x4.

I tried contacting a few people via email but got no responce. Here are
my concerns...

Engine Mounts - are they the same for the two engines?
Transmission - will a newer magnum 5.2 bolt up to my drive train
alright?
radiator clearence - From what I understand there should be just enough
clearence in the front without a belt driven fan?
Electric fans - are they really all that reliable? Some people I talked
to say they like to burn out a lot.

I cant seem to get answeres to these issues anywhere else :-(

Any info is appreciated as always - thanks!

Tom S.

http://www.SaveChrysler.com

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine

1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (non-operable)