Re: Re: Re: Prob with my strobes

From: Gordon R. Stevens (IndyRamAL@home.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 20:04:58 EDT

Bill,

One more additional Question.... Did you extend the wires by splicing them
in between the pack and the head/strobe? I ask this because many of the
"cheaper" models found at the auto part stores may be more sensitive to
being further from the Pack. You may already know that the "Pak" encloses a
Capacitor. The cap very likely is of lower quality therefore producing a
week current flow. As you stated, they were laying around and they didn't
cost much. That's fine. They should work properly considering.... As
mentioned earlier, You may try a different circuit for your power supply. In
fact, try running a temporary jumper to the battery for a test. If this
corrects the problem, you will be on the right avenue to correct the
problem.

Snakbit