Re: Mounting a gauge and looking for a spot to put it?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 07:54:56 EDT

I have an Autometer tranny temp gauge in my truck. I used the aluminum temp
sending unit manifold/block that is sold by Mopar Performance. It sits inline
w/your trannys cooling lines. You have to cut through the cooling line and
splice in this chunk of aluminum. It comes w/all the fittings necessary. It
has 3 holes in it - 2 for the cooling lines and 1 for the temp sending unit. I
was a bit skeptical about cutting into my cooling lines but everything went
smooth w/no leaks 20K miles later. Works like a charm. Kinda expensive tho at
around $40. If I had to do it again - would probably just get the new MP deep
tranny pan that has a place for mounting a temp sending unit already (in
addition to a drain plug).

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"