Re: Windage Tray install

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 17:19:04 EDT

No - I'm trying to use studs. I actually have 2 sets of windage tray studs -
one that I purchased with a Milodon windage tray and another set from ARP
that are supposed to be for use w/stock -or- Milodon tray. I have a Milodon
windage tray as well as a regular, stock windage tray from a small-block
mopar. They mount differently besides the mounting hardware - one uses #2
and #4 mains (stock tray) and the other uses #3 and #4 mains (Milodon tray).
The only thing I don't have is the weird main-bearing cap bolts w/the tapped
holes like were used in the stock applications. Am considering ordering a
set of those just to see if that helps. I tried to fit the windage tray
itself into the stock pan and it would not clear the sides. So it appears
that I have 2 problems - tray to pan clearance as well as stud to pan
clearance. I'm thinking that the Milodon tray and studs will clear a Milodon
aftermarket pan and the stock tray and funky bolts 'might' clear the stock
pan. Sheesh - does this have to be this hard? Working upside-down w/little
clearance and oil dripping doesn't lend itself to patience. 8( I guess I
may not make the All-Mopar Southern Nationals in Reynolds, GA afterall - I'm
due in San Francisco (for JavaOne) the following weekend anyway....oh well
maybe next year.

Latr,

Shane

Bob Tom wrote:

> At 07:00 AM 5/9/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >Has anyone sucessfully installed a crankshaft windage tray and the main
> >studs that go w/it? I have been fighting this install for several weeks

<snip>

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"