RE: RE: Steering Wheel Radio Controls WAS: : Fried Pioneer CD Player

From: Tod Oace (tod@quay.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 00:49:48 EDT

> Can't think of a way but Tod's exactly right in the way it works.

A little analog to digital converter and a TTL chip to split the digital
value out to separate on/off outputs would do it. Oh and one of those
little 5VDC voltage regulators to power the A/D and the TTL chip. And then
you'd want the relays to have 5VDC control (coil?) inputs that the TTL
outputs could drive. Don't ask me what parts to use though...I don't know!
I'll bet someone on the list knows though. Perhaps a future SpeedTweaks
product? :)

An even cooler product would be something that can interface with the PCI(?)
bus. That's the thing that the CTM uses to talk to the radio, lights, etc.
Seems like one could do a lot of interesting things in addition to getting
those steering wheel button push messages. Like, uh..... Ummmm....
Well, I'm sure there are lots of possibilities. Such as.....uhhhmmm...
You know? -Tod