RE: My first Dak + couple questions

From: Shawn Bowen (Shawn@bowen.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 16:30:32 EDT

Man, I would DEFINATLY go with a spray on liner, over the rail, Line-X (my
preference) or Rhino both are the best single upgrade for any pickup truck.
The rail caps tend to scuff up the paint and the elements will eventually
rust your bed, I really would get a spray on over the rail Day 1.

I chose the Gibson, did a Cat Back with dual exit's behind each rear wheal,
had a shop do it custom, cost a little more but for $300 + the Gibson SS
tips it's on, and you can't beat the absolutely perfect pipe bends around
the spare tire these guys did (and I didn't have to install it). It sounds
very nice, at idle it pur's, when I step on it it grumbles, and when I'm
cruising it's not really noticeable (it is, but you won't here it after your
used to it). The Flowmaster's are nice for some folks but I don't care for
the raspy sound they put out, I also think they are to loud (just my
preference for my daily driver).

A body lift actually lifts the body of the truck off of the truck frame by 2
or more inches. It is mostly for the eye's, where as a suspension lift
would raise the frame and the body higher giving you more ground clearance
and the ability to put larger tires on. There is more to it than that, but
that's a basic answer. I'd just get the fender flares on a 4x2.

I personally would put a cooler 180 degree T-Stat on it and a set of cooler
plugs, a K&N intake system, the exhaust, and the Line-X bed liner and enjoy
your new ride.

Shawn
98 5.2L 4x4 CC