2 flats at once;( (fair warning - LONG)

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 20:58:38 EDT

Last week on the way to work I cut a conner a to close and my 2 right tires
got it from a piece of broken pipe in the weeds. I got out of the truck and
saw the front was flat right of the bat. I was getting the jack out from
under the back seat (what a pain the A**) When I got the jack out and went to
get the spare tire the rear tire was flat. Slow leak because part of the pipe
was imbedded in the sidewall. Totally dumbfounded on what to do. Keep in mind
what I do for a living I need to be there no more then 1 hour late by federal
law (long story). After about two minuets of almost panicking, out of the
dark a truck pulls up behind and they guy offers to help. I show him what
happened and stated I needed to be at work soon. He says yea he knows the
feeling then I took a 2nd look and its a guy I work with. I ride to work but
I don't want to leave the Dak in the road at night I said. John said he will
let me use his spare. I said it would not fit. As he turn and pointed to his
2000 QC :) So in about 10 minuets I had to spares on my truck and off to work
we went.

Now comes the BullSh*t part, Its those dam Goodyear's with that odd ball
size. The place I got the road hazard warranty at dose not stock that size
and I'm riding on my spare and Johns spare for about a week waiting from them
to come in. What I'm going to do is keep Johns spare {It was never used} and
replace it with one of the new tires when it comes in.

I'm going to start looking for replacement tires for my Dak. What is any one
using that about the same size as the stock tires? (255/65/15) I would like
black walls, road tire but that will do OK on gravel & dirt roads. With a
more aggressive looking tread then the Goodyear's?

Don M

Geocities.com/maldbnsf

'00 QC Bronze, 4.7L, Rest listed at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm

P.S. Did I mention I love my DAK!!!!!!!!!