Re: Re: Such a waste....

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 20:30:25 EDT

I gotta say sumthin' on this. Everyone that knows me knows that I love
my truck clean. I paid $26k for her, and I like to show my pride!! Otoh,
they also know that I love to womp the crap out of it as well. Case in
point is yesterday. I was up in Big Bear this weekend with a bunch of
buds trail running. Chris Oertell was riding shotgun with me. There was
a steep hill that all of us went around, except for 2 of us. Brian in
his Durango and me in my QC couldn't resist a challenge. Both of us made
it up the hill, with dirt, rocks, and dust flying, and it felt pretty
damn good!!! Chris has the video of us going up, and he'll post it soon.
My bud in his Samarai wasn't as lucky, but that's another story which
was also caught on tape, LOL!! Every puddle I saw I punched it through
and made a big ol' splash, and it felt pretty friggin good!! Coming
home, we were getting several stares from other people, and the way I
see it is that I'm showing that I had fun this weekend!! Now, I look at
my truck, I go "what a mess" and I already set a day aside to buff all
the scratches from the brush out of it (silver is good for hiding
scratches btw) so it will look all pretty again, ready for the next
run!! But I do catch alot of crap at work, my boss always tells me that
I'm gonna trash the truck. I don't trash it as he thinks. I just have
fun and stay within my limits.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm