Re: RE: Steering Wheel Buttons Done - Long

From: Crit Bennett (crit@engineer.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 09:12:36 EDT

Yeah, the wires are already there in the new trucks. You can touch a 5k
resistor across the leads and the volume will go down. Short them, and it'll
go from AM to FM to CD...., 3kOhm will change to the next track and so on. My
original idea was that the circuit wasn't used and I could do whatever I want
with it, but it didn't work out that way. If anyone can tell me what a 2000
and/or 2001 valence with the buttons on it costs, I'd like to know. The
buttons might be available separately too, but I'm not sure. The leather-
wrapped wheel isn't a free upgrade or anything - it'll still set you back an
extra 50 bucks, but they feel a lot better I think. Shawn, there's no bracket
for mounting any extra stuff, just a panel that replaces the stock one that has
two sets of rocker buttons, 5 0r 6 in all, that snap into the plastic. My real
point is that you don't need to buy the RAZ for $660 w/ radio controls. I just
bought the RBK in-dash CD w/ changer controls and threw on my radio controls
and changer and have yet to pay what an RAZ would cost. I know this works with
RBB and maybe RBN.

Crit